Monday, July 2, 2012

Chapter Four

So tonight I finished draft one of chapter four and sent it off for editing. I'm just so happy to be done with it and moving forward again, and that I've managed to avoid the burnout that occurred when I finished chapter three. I DID decide that the information about alchemy in Europe should be split into two chapters, so I ended chapter four at the end of the 15th century...chapter five will focus on the Renaissance ^_^ That is the chapter I imagine will gain the most attention on my blog, twitter, tumblr, facebook. Everyone seems to be SO interested in the Renaissance period, so here's hoping.

I also invested in a Facebook ad...apparently just having the page wasn't enough. Even though a fair few of my friends liked it, no one really comments on my stuff except my dad, and its sort of his job as my dad to do that. So I spent 98 cents per click on my ad to get some more traffic. It worked within ten minutes. I put a budget of 10 dollars a day....so even if it stops people clicking at that point per day...if I get a bunch of people every day between now and when the book comes out I could have a huge following by then ^_^

I'm HOPING to have the book done by the end of August...it would be a really good birthday present to myself and a really big accomplishment. That way, with the cover art all done and all that's left is the writing and editing, I could be ready to publish print and e-books in september. I know that's late for everyone's summer reading, but at least I'm not tooting about a book I don't anticipate spending enough time on and you'll have to wait a year for. Argh I hate those authors. I get so impatient for books I get excited about. I really hope people are getting excited about mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment