Sunday, July 1, 2012

BLOCK

So I've never before had a problem with writer's block...

Then I churned out three chapters in under a week. Now I've gone an entire week without doing anything truly productive. I got halfway through chapter four, and book cover was finished (YAY!). But that is really about it. It sort of makes me feel like crap...I'm still really into it and really excited about the book, but it's like I just tried to cram too much stuff into my brain the first week, with the actual writing and all the research (seriously, my bibliography is like five pages long already), then the pages I've made for it that I have to try and maintain (i DID lose a few followers on my twitter feed...I guess it's not okay to not update for a few days. Okay, a week. Anyhow...now I just feel discouraged. Plus some jerk posted on a forum for MY LITTLE PONY (of all the places to diss something) and said in a rather uppity way that they didn't think my book was very promising because it's not a how-to guide for alchemy.

But this...this is my dream. I've been writing since I was a kid. Maybe it's not what I want to do for a career, but I've always dreamed of having something published. Something more immortal than a news article or this blog. So screw the nay-sayers who somehow think that they are experts because they've done a LITTLE bit of research about a LITTLE part of alchemical history. My book is going to be ROCKING.

No comments:

Post a Comment