Thursday, July 12, 2012

Progress

So it turns out that Gilmore Girls is great to watch when I need to focus and get some serious work done. I should have known, it's what I used to do in college when I had a paper to write or an exam to study for. No idea why it works so well, but hey. So I'm back to making some serious progress on the book...I'm almost done with the history portion and get to move on the chemistry portion soon, followed by the pop culture portion and the theories and whatnot. I'm excited to get to those...not so much the chemistry because I kind of hate chemistry, but I can't wait to introduce you guys to the ways alchemy has been mentioned in pop culture that you would never guess at...

I do think that I need someone to write the forward to my book. I'm hoping I can get someone that will lend some credibility to the book in general, give it more of a fighting chance. I WISH I could get Deborah Harkness to do it, even though she's a fiction writer. Her book Discover of Witches gave me the original inspiration for the book, and the sequel that just came out sustained me and got me back on track. But even if I asked, it's probably a long shot. Anyone have any better ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment